Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Doormouse Diary

Doormouse Diary


Although it seemed strangely familiar to me, today was a great day at the tea-party. I seem to spend most of my days at the tea-party, so much that I have lost all notions of what a day is. What is a day anyway? Is it simply the time we spend while we are awake? If this is the case, I must go through multiple days within a single day since I constantly find myself sleeping. It is indeed quite strange but I do sleep a lot during the day and when I wake up, I’m always in the company of the Mad Hatter and the March Hare. Perhaps I’m in a state of frozen time and days don’t mean much to me anymore. Either that or I’m becoming mad. Anyways, today was much like all the other days at the tea-party with the exception that we had a new guest come and visit us. I was pretty thrilled to see a new face at our table. Although I was asleep when she joined us, I entertained her with one of my famed stories! Sadly, she seemed to be confused throughout the whole story and she kept interrupting me with stupid questions about small little details that no one but she cared about. That poor little girl was so confused that she missed the whole point of my story, which is that if you can draw water out of a water-well, then you can surely draw treacle from a treacle-well. It’s very frustrating but I guess that only the Mad Hatter and the March Hare understand the subtleties of my exquisite story telling.

Simon Métivier

1 comment:

  1. Your story telling is comperable to tea. Please join us for more some tomorow

    ReplyDelete